What information we collect?
We may obtain personal information about you from various sources, including this and other ThirstyCorner.com.my website, mobile applications, when you call or email us or communicate with us through social media, or when you participate in events or other promotions. We also may obtain information about you from our parent, affiliate or subsidiary companies, business partners and other third parties.
The type of personal information we may obtain include:
- Contact information of yourself such as name, social media accounts, postal and email address or phone numbers.
- Contact information of friends or other people you would like us to contact.
- Username and password for the account you may establish on our sites.
- Payment details; including payment card number, security code, expiration date, cardholder name and billing address.
- Shipping information; including the shipping address and phone number.
- Demographic information; such as age, date of birth and gender.
- Information you provide by interacting with us through social media, including photographs.
- Location information, such as the real-time geographic location of the device you use to log into our sites.
- Shopping behaviour and preferences, and a record of the purchases you make on our sites.
- Other details that you submit to us or that may be included in the information provided to us by third parties.
In addition, when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies and web beacons. A “cookie” is a text file that websites send to a visitor’s computer or other internet-connected device to uniquely identify the visitor’s browser or to store information or settings in the browsers. A “web beacon”, also known as an internet tag, pixel tag or clear GIF, is used to transmit information back to a web server. We also may use third-party website analytics tools (such as Google), that collect information about visitor traffic on our websites. The information we may collect by automated means includes:
- Information about the devices our visitors use to access the Internet (such as the IP address and the device, browser and operating system type).
- URLs that refer visitors to our sites.
- Dates and times of visits to our sites.
- Information on actions taken on our sites (such as page views and sites navigation patterns).
- A general geographic location (such as country and city) from which a visitor accesses our sites.
- Search terms that visitors use to reach our sites.
Used of the information collected
We may use the information we obtained to:
- Register you for membership at our websites, and manage and maintain your account on the sites.
- Provide products or services you requested.
- Process, validate, confirm, verify, deliver and track your purchases (including by processing payment card transactions, arranging shipping and handling returns and refunds, and contacting you about your orders, including by telephone call).
- Maintain a record of your purchase make on our sites.
- Customize, measure and improve our products and services, content, events, promotions and advertising that may be of your interest.
- Respond to your questions and comments and provide customer support.
- Tailor our products and services to suit your personal interests and the manner in which visitors use our websites, applications and social media assets.
- Operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer.
- Analyse trends and statistics regarding visitors’ use of our websites, and social media assets, and the purchases visitors make on our websites.
- Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorised transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure including by identifying potential hackers and other unauthorised users.
- Comply with applicable legal requirements and industry standards and our policies.
We may combine the information we collected with publicly available information and information we received from our parent, affiliate or subsidiaries companies, business partners and other third parties. We may use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, for other promotional purposes, and for other purposes described in this section.
We also may use the information we obtain about you in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
What do you do to safeguard personal information?
The data that we collect from you is processed by staff who work either for us, one of our group companies, or for one of our service providers or partners. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of our obligations to you and the provision of support services.
Any personal information you provide will be held securely on our systems and/or those of the company hosting this sites on our behalf. We also use our best efforts to be sure that third parties who work with us as our agents to make this sites and its contents available to you and to fulfil your requests and our obligations to you, agree to protect personal information that they must access in order to serve our sites and our visitors.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
What about links to other sites?
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any affiliated company within our group. We will not sell or otherwise transfer your personal information unless we have your express consent unless required to fulfil your requests. We reserve the right to use or disclose any information as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request, to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law, to protect the integrity of the sites, to fulfil your requests or to co-operate in any legal investigation.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If you have any question or comments about our privacy notice, or if you would like us to update your information or preferences, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org